Police are still searching for a suspect involved in an on-campus assault of a former UF student and employee Friday night.

The 21-year-old woman was leaving the law school library around 9:15 p.m. when a man riding a dark, beach-cruiser style bicycle approached her and asked her for money, said University Police Department Capt. Jeff Holcomb.

The woman declined to give him money, and at some point after that the man shoved the woman and she shoved him back, Holcomb said. After a brief "shoving match," the woman slashed both of the man's arms with an eyebrow trimmer, and he fled west on Southwest Second Avenue, Holcomb said.

The woman was not injured.

A search was conducted, but the suspect was not found, a UPD news release said.

The suspect is described as a 20- to 30-year-old white man with long hair, about 5 feet 8 inches tall, according to the release. He was wearing a white tank top, dark pants, boots and a hat.

The woman was last registered as a student in the summer of 2008, according to UF's Office of the Registrar. She had also worked at UF as a student assistant, but her term of employment ended March 9, according to UF's Office of Human Resource Services.

Holcomb asked anyone with information about the crime to call UPD.