UF is beating the University of California at Berkeley at its own game.

About 40 percent of UF undergraduates have completed the Student Experience in Research University survey, which was created at Berkeley to find out how students feel about the college experience, making UF the top participating school.

The survey, which UF students need to fill out to enter the football ticket raffle, takes about 20 minutes and asks questions that compare students' development and overall satisfaction with UF. It is the first year UF students have been asked to fill out the survey.

Having the highest percentage of student participation would mean bragging rights for UF and better information on students, which the school can use to make improvements, according to Jeanna Mastrodicasa, UF's vice president for student affairs.

"It's hugely nerdy," she said, "but it's a big deal. It means we'll have really good data on our students."

In any case, Mastrodicasa said, "If they're undergraduates and they want football tickets, they've got to do the darn survey."