How do you replace a guy who's irreplaceable?

Percy Harvin led the Gators running backs and wide receivers in receptions (40 for 644 yards), rushing yards (660) and total touchdowns (17) last season.

Urban Meyer's "Percy Position" will likely be filled by a committee of speedsters. Tailbacks Jeff Demps and Brandon James and freshman wide receiver Andre Debose should all get a chance to audition for the role.

Demps' pass catching ability and speed out of the backfield coupled with his knowledge of the offense makes him the logical choice heading into the start of the season, but Debose, the highly touted freshman, enters his first year in Gainesville as the heir apparent to Harvin.

After Debose signed to play at UF in February, Meyer dubbed the Seminole High standout the "next Percy Harvin," but the freshman has tried to distance himself from comparisons with the first-round draft pick.

"The next Percy, I don't want to hear that," Debose said. "I know (Harvin) was a great player, but I want to kind of build my own way in Gainesville. When you look at playing styles, I can see myself in him a little bit. I can't blame you guys at all (for comparing me to him)."

Junior tight end Aaron Hernandez should pick up some of the slack as he becomes more of a focal point in the UF offense this season.

Hernandez caught 34 balls for 381 yards and five touchdowns as a sophomore last season and looks to be poised to make the jump into the national spotlight.

"(Hernandez) is a dynamic guy that can catch the ball like any wide receiver. He can make the tough catches. You can get the ball in his hands as a tailback and he can block at the point," UF offensive coordinator Steve Addazio said. "It's hard to find guys like that throughout this country. He's a unique guy."

The receiving corps will be led by seniors David Nelson and Riley Cooper, who is back with team after signing to play professional baseball for the Texas Rangers.

Nelson emerged as a legitimate red-zone threat at the end of last season and should provide Tim Tebow with a sure-handed option in the middle of the field, while speedy sophomore Deonte Thompson will stretch the field vertically for the Gators.

"There's a lot of people doubting us," Thompson said. "A lot of people out there are saying Florida's only weakness is the receivers. We got to go out there with a chip on our shoulders. We got to prove them wrong."