Florida might be facing lowly Charleston Southern on Saturday, but the coaching staff is still keeping the Gators' starting lineups secret.

Defensive coordinator Charlie Strong said the battle at safety between Will Hill and returning starters Ahmad Black and Major Wright remains too close to call. Strong continued to refer to all three of them as "starters" on Thursday.

Offensive line is another position yet to be solidified. All set to start Saturday are Maurkice Pouncey at center, Mike Pouncey at right guard and Marcus Gilbert at right tackle. Carl Johnson will also start, but his position will be dictated by who the fifth lineman is - left guard James Wilson or left tackle Matt Patchan.

"I talked to [offensive coordinator and line coach Steve Addazio], and he's not going to announce," coach Urban Meyer said Thursday. "He says right now we have six starters."

MOORE POSSIBLY DONE FOR YEAR: Meyer denied rumors Thursday that senior wide receiver Carl Moore has a ruptured disk in his back but said Moore is recovering slower than anticipated.

The injury could cause Moore to miss the season.

"He had a procedure done," Meyer said. "It's not career-threatening, it just takes time."

INJURY UPDATE: Meyer said junior linebacker Brandon Hicks (ankle) is fully recovered and should see regular time with the second-string defense on Saturday. … Freshman linebacker Jelani Jenkins (ankle) has recovered quicker than expected and should see time on special teams and possibly on defense. … Redshirt freshman linebacker Brendan Beal wore a neck brace after practice due to a soreness and has been downgraded to doubtful. … Freshman wideout Andre Debose (hamstring) will definitely not play Saturday. Meyer said he considered playing Debose but was told by doctors it would risk further damage to the tendon in his hamstring.