alligatorSports Fantasy Challenge: Week 7 Recap

(Writer) Kyle Maistri(Alligator Army) def. (Reader) David Medoff (Fourth & Short) 59-58: In an epic defensive struggle, AA takes down Fourth & Short thanks to a strong performance from the Florida defense. Both owners seem completely unaware that there is a still a league going on, and it's safe to say that neither of these teams could ever beat any other team in the league. It's a shame we couldn't give them both losses.

(R) Ben Volin (Rollin' with Volin) def. (W) Phil Kegler (Phill on the Hill) 102-89: True to his name, Volin is Rollin' as usual. Noel Devine and Jordan Shipley led the charge with over 20 points each as Phil on the Hill continues to slip out of contention. A monster 31 point performance from Dexter McCluster wasn't enough to lift Kegler to victory. It's looking more and more likely that Volin will be gracing the pages of the Alligator with a guest column when all is said and done.

(R) Randall Abbott (Dead Rabbots) def. (W) Mike DiFerdinando (DiFer) 113-108: In the closest matchup of the week, Abbott got huge performances from his running backs, as Dion Lewis and C.J. Spiller each turned in 24-point efforts in victory. DiFer got a strong showing from team leading Zac Robinson, but it wasn't enough as he left too many points on the bench.

(R) Joshua Levy (Joshua Levy) def. (W) Mike McCall (Skip's no Quarter Swashbuckler) 121-75: A nice week from Levy knocks McCall down a notch in the standings, further away from Volin's lead. McCall got a lift from Jacquizz Rodgers but couldn't put it together as Levy left plenty of points on the bench, but still got the win. In fact, Levy left 92 points on the bench, which would've been enough to earn him a 'W' against half the teams in the league.

(W) Bobby Callovi (Jerry Hughes for Heisman) def. (R) Zach Rogan (FBS Zach) 137-85: Jahvid Best cranked out 35 points and led Hughes for Heisman to the highest point total of the week. FBS didn't have a single scorer over 20 points and left his highest scorer on the bench. Usual fantasy stud Mark Ingram was only good for nine points, leading to the downfall of Zach.