Last night at about 5:30 I was studying in the Reitz Union for my two Wednesday exams. The room gradually got a bit louder. People dressed in black hustled and bustled about but were being generally unobtrusive.

However, they then formed into a large huddle and began to scream "To be enthusiastic is to act enthusiastic." The flash mob went on like this for approximately two minutes. Since trying to out-yell them would be futile, I wrote my unfriendly letter on the back of the paper I was working on - "Shut the fuck up, I'm studying." As the screaming ended, a particularly audacious girl ran over and ripped up the paper with all my work on it while fervently telling me to "Take a break."

As if coming indoors and screaming loudly wasn't disruptive enough, she felt it was necessary to destroy my work. The sheer self-righteousness of this left me completely stunned as she skipped away, so proud of her destruction.

I think flash mobs are a great idea and a lot of fun, but if you're going to be loud or obtrusive, do it outside. Also don't be surprised if people don't take kindly to your antics since they are usually intentionally disruptive.

There, I took a break. Are you happy?