Deep in the forest of the Hundred Acre Wood, things are about to get a little sweeter. It seems as though Pooh has a new honey.

"Return to the Hundred Acre Wood," the newest installment in the classic Winnie-the-Pooh books, is the first authorized sequel in more than 80 years, according to an article in The New York Times.

And when Christopher Robin returns home from boarding school for summer vacation, things won't be exactly the same.

Pooh - who may have a rounder tummy - and clan will have a new best friend: Lottie, a pearl-wearing otter with a saucy attitude who has a knack for playing cricket.

The book was released on Monday to Pooh lovers everywhere. But it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Fans of the original Pooh stories fear the sequel will take precedence over the first book, failing to capture the magic of dripping honey pots, bouncing Tiggers and wild adventures.

A blogger even went as far to say, "Why don't you just trample on my childhood?"

But the new writer, David Benedictus, doesn't hope to reinvent or "trample" any part of the series.

So he's adding a little sass to the story. That never hurt anyone. The childhood charm of Piglet's stutters and Eeyore's melancholy attitude will still remain, and trample-free at that.

We suggest treasuring the classic tales and reminiscing on your childhood with the new ones. And with that we have just one thing left to say: Ta-ta for now.