UF’s Homecoming Queen was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence early Thursday morning.

Kristen Gillis, 21, was pulled over at about 2 a.m. on West University Avenue after running two red lights, according to the arrest report.

When asked if she had been drinking, Gillis told the arresting officer she had one beer about six hours earlier, the report stated.

After failing field sobriety tests, she was arrested and taken to a University Police Department holding cell, where she consented to a breath test.

Her blood-alcohol content was determined to be almost .14. The legal driving limit is .08.

She was booked in the Alachua County Jail and released later that day.

Gillis declined comment when reached by phone.

In addition to Homecoming Queen, which was announced at Gator Growl last month, Gillis is the Panhellenic Woman of the Year and former president of Delta Gamma sorority.

She has also held positions in Florida Blue Key, the Florida Cicerones, Dance Marathon and the First and Fifteen flag football philanthropy, according to a profile on UF’s Web site.