This holiday season WUFT-FM will spread some cheer by broadcasting live and recorded local music on its Hybrid Digital 2 channel.

The UF radio channel will also stream the performances on its Web site, wuftfm.org.

Performances include the Gainesville Chamber Orchestra and the UF Symphony Orchestra, HD2 program director Richard Drake wrote in an e-mail.

The Symphony Orchestra was already recorded during a performance on Nov. 12, orchestra music director and conductor Raymond Chobaz wrote in an e-mail.

The Gainesville Chamber Orchestra was recorded by WUFT-FM during its performance Friday at the University Auditorium. The orchestra performed its eighth annual “Got Beethoven?” concert, a tribute to the famous composer.

Drake said the channel plans to turn the program into an ongoing series that runs throughout the year.

Drake, who has been working with the local music community for the past 25 years, said he wanted to showcase some of the area’s talent through this holiday program.

“The public should be excited about this series because it’s us — people who live here and perform in this area,” Drake said.