So, you’re back in Gainesville from that relaxing cornucopia of holiday food, family and presents.

Your belly might be full, but your pockets are probably empty because, let’s face it, the magic of Christmas isn’t free. Imagine you have only $30 left in your wallet. Here are the best deals around town to make your first weekend of spring semester a memorable one:

Friday night: The first week of classes are out of the way, so warm up a little on University Avenue before plunging into the downtown party scene.

If you’re in the mood to throw back a few in an old-school bar scene, there are Balls and Salty Dog, which are positioned within about 50 feet of each other.

If you can manage to get over to Balls between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m., you and your friends will be able to drink all you can for $7.

And don’t forget to eat on your drinking adventures. Further east on University Avenue, there’s Mother’s Irish Pub, which serves 10 wings for $4.99 on Fridays.

There is also the Italian Gator Pizza, which serves two cheese slices with a soda for $5.75.

By this time, it’s around 10 p.m. You’re full, maybe a little buzzed, and you’ve spent about $12, depending on where you went.

Positioned almost directly above the Italian Gator is Grog House, a bar/night club, where, for a $5 cover charge, you can play “beat the clock.” Starting at 9 p.m., pitchers of beer cost 25 cents, and the cost increases a quarter every 15 minutes until midnight.

Maybe loud, thumping club music isn’t your style. On Northwest First Avenue, Tim and Terry’s — a music store and venue that doubles as a restaurant/bar and triples as a small convenience store in front — has free live and local music on Friday nights.

With your Friday night about wrapped up, you should be headed home with enough money in your pocket for tomorrow night’s downtown run.

Saturday Night: Boca Fiesta, positioned next to the Hippodrome, has an exotic meat menu. This month, they have meal worm tacos for $5. Also, for 50 cents with each shot, Boca Fiesta offers an eight ounce can of Miller Lite.

Also, on your way to the clubs is Big Uly’s, a walk-up burger joint that usually has 80’s rap pouring out its windows and cooks dancing in the kitchen.

If house music, laser lights and a smoky dance floor are more your scene, $5 will get you into the Neon Liger Dance Party at Spannk night club. The club also has $5 double wells and $2 PBR on Saturday nights.

Your date and your wallet may also appreciate Saturday Ladies Night at 101 Downtown. The club has no cover charge and has two-for-one wells and $3 house wines for your female friend, plus free valet parking.

By this time, it’s 1 a.m. Sunday and you’ve probably danced yourself up another appetite. Five Star Pizza servers are out on the prowl with $7 cheese and $8 pepperoni pizzas for the last of your original $30.

You split the pizza with your date and head home slightly drunk for some much-needed rest. After all, Monday morning is less than 23 hours away.