Like many micro breweries, Sierra Nevada releases four seasonal beers every year.  Its offering for the winter is Celebration Ale, a perfect pairing with the chilly weather.

As far as winter beers go, you might be surprised to learn that Celebration Ale is an India Pale Ale, a style associated with hot weather.  Sierra Nevada sticks with its standard Cascade hops, which give the beer its distinctive fresh, citrusy aroma and bitter taste.  Beneath the blast of hoppy bitterness, however, the beer has a rich, mellow undercurrent, enhanced by the subtle spiciness of hops that really hits home for your cold-weather cravings.

The strong taste of pale ales can force you to take your beer one sip at a time, so sip slowly. Less is more in the world of pale ales, and one Sierra Nevada will satisfy your hunger in ways that a whole case of bland, tasteless light lager never will.

Celebration Ale is available in grocery stores and bottle shops in Gainesville, but hurry!  Once a seasonal sells out, it won’t be back until next year.