Sunday, June 16, 2024

You betcha!

Everyone’s favorite Wasilla, Alaska, might-as-well-be-an-eskimo native, binoculars-not-needed-to-see-Russia, book-writin’ maverick might run for the highest office in the land in 2012.

Oh, wait, we were supposed to be surprised by that?

She didn’t just leave her fellow Alaskans high and dry after resigning as governor of the largest state in the country to take a little vacation?

No. Apparently Sarah Palin, the gem of Fox News and the apple to the Republican Party’s eye, will run for president in two years — that is if it’s good for the good ole USA and her family.

You know, the knocked-up daughter and the ex-future son-in-law who posed for Playgirl.

America, can’t we learn from our mistakes the first time?

We’re not going to verbally bash anyone (in print), but do we really want a president on whom the Republican Party once spent $150,000 for clothes and makeup?

Complaining about Obama’s new $1.3 trillion deficit now? Imagine when Sephora has sales!

On the bright side, think about how nice it would look to replace that scrawny, boring Lincoln guy from the $5 bill for the newer, trendier, lipstick-loving hockey mom.

That’s the kind of monetary policy the Editorial Board likes to see.

But, of course, none of this is definite yet, and Palin still has some time to gauge her country’s and family’s readiness for the potential move to a certain white house that is not an igloo.