With the first day of spring on Saturday, it’s time to trade in your heavy, warming stouts and porters for lighter, crisper spring fare.  Here are a few suggestions for what you can drink as the days get longer:

Chances are, you’ve had Magic Hat before, but until very recently you couldn’t buy it in 12 oz bottles around Gainesville.  Along with 6-packs of No. 9, the brewery’s flagship brew, and Vinyl, a spring seasonal amber lager, you can now buy Spring Fever, a variety pack.  The pack features three bottles each of No. 9, Vinyl, the brand new Odd Notion—an unfiltered, hoppy wheat beer available only this spring—, and Lucky Kat, an English Ale.

Samuel Adams also has the new Noble Pils.  Featuring all five of the noble hops (very old breeds of hops grown in specific regions of Germany and the Czech Republic), Noble Pils has an extremely fresh, natural hop taste.

Last weekend’s Beerfest 2010 in Tampa showcased some of the best breweries and homebrewers in Florida.  Swamp Head Brewery walked away with an impressive bronze and three silver medals. The company also won two gold medals for Midnight Oil, a coffee-infused oatmeal stout, and a barrel aged version of 10-10-10, a hoptastic Double IPA.  You can savor the award-winning flavors of Midnight Oil at Salty Dog Saloon, Market Street Pub and Common Grounds.  In celebration of the Beerfest victory, for a very limited time, Stubbies will have 10-10-10 on tap.  But be warned – it is not for the faint of heart.