Author, social activist and motivational speaker Jeff Johnson will be speaking at 8 p.m. in the Reitz Union Grand Ballroom Friday.

Accent and the Black Student Union co-sponsored his discussion, “Unclaimed Legacy: Who will lead the next social movement?”

Accent chairman Jason Attermann said Johnson will be speaking about his new book, “Everything I’m Not Made Me Everything I Am,” and about the future generations of American leaders.

“After doing the research, it was a perfect name to bring to the University of Florida,” Attermann said. 

Johnson is also known for his role as a managing editor and chief correspondent for “The Truth with Jeff Johnson,” a news talk show on BET.

Even though the discussion will take place on a Friday evening, Attermann said he hopes for a good turnout.

He said Johnson is a speaker who students will want to listen to.

“You won’t walk away disappointed,” Attermann said. “You’ll walk away feeling great starting the weekend.”

Johnson will be paid $12,000 for his visit, according to Student Government Finance records.