The jorts we made fun of and the denim jackets that we thought died with the ‘90s are back, and they’re better than ever. Dolce & Gabbana’s entire spring ready-to-wear collection donned models in different hues of denim from head to toe. Express is advertising its “denim leggings,” and Gap has brought back the denim button-up. So, dig up those old shorts from Abercrombie & Fitch, and don’t be scared to rock your parents’ old jean jackets.
• Denim tips:
1. Pair denim items with browns, khaki, cream lace and floral prints.
2. Don’t remake the Justin and Britney fashion era, but do try wearing denim on top and bottom with some buffers in between. Go for a light pink top, simple pattern or light brown belt to break up the colors.
3. Keep the deep, dark denim outfits for night and style with light washes during the day.
4. Frayed denim shorts are always a no-no, but the right tailored ones can work.
5. Because denim has been around for centuries, some of the best pieces can be found at local thrift shops.