Maurkice Pouncey under NCAA investigation, Mike Pouncey still slated to attend Media Days

According to a story first reported by ESPN.com's Pat Forde, UF and the NCAA are investigating a potential rules violation committed in December, before the Gators' 51-24 Sugar Bowl victory over Cincinnati, involving former offensive lineman Maurkice Pouncey.

Florida is in the process of investigating an allegation that a representative of an agent paid Pouncey $100,000 between UF's loss to Alabama in the Southeastern Conference Championship game and the Sugar Bowl. Florida alerted the NCAA when they became aware of the potential incident, according to Forde.

UF athletic director Jeremy Foley released the following statement to ESPN.com on Monday morning:

"We were made aware of some information in early June that we reported to law enforcement and we then shared with the NCAA and the SEC. At this time we have no information that has indicated that there are any compliance issues for the University of Florida."

Maurkice Pouncey was drafted with the 18th overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft by the Pittsburgh Steelers after his junior season with the Gators.

If the allegations hold up, the NCAA could rule Pouncey retroactively ineligible for the Sugar Bowl, and Florida could have to vacate the victory.

Mike Pouncey, Maurkice's twin brother, elected to return to UF rather than turn pro after his junior season and is slated to represent the Gators at SEC Media Days, which takes place July 21-23 in Hoover, Ala., along with Ahmad Black and Justin Trattou.

A UF official said that there are no changes in the school's Media Days' plans, meaning that Mike Pouncey is still expected to make the trip.