Gators football player Jeff Demps' favorite Gatorade flavor is lemon-lime. He cites the 2008 BCS National Championship win as his favorite moment as a Florida Gator. He also joked that he listens to country music before games.

These were the kinds of things about 500 students learned about the Florida football team at a town hall forum held at Holloway Touchdown Terrace inside Gate 7 of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.

At the forum, students had the opportunity to ask questions about the football team's plans for this season, team strategies and players' future plans.

"From the beginning, it was great to coach the Gators," Meyer said. "I found out people in the South take things real serious."

The forum began at 7 p.m. and lasted for about an hour and a half.

Students, however, lined up more than an hour before the forum's commencement, as the line stretched past Gate 4 at about 6:20 p.m.

"I have season tickets this year, so I felt I just had to come and learn what will go on in the season," said Ebony Cooper, a health education and behavior junior.

Offensive Coordinator Steve Addazio ended the forum by speaking to students the way he does to prepare players in the locker room before a game.

"We have a chance to one more time strap on that Gator helmet, baby," he yelled as his voice bounced off the walls of Touchdown Terrace.