Students filled the University Auditorium with the sound of their voices and their stomping feet at the Hispanic Heritage Month Talent Show on Tuesday night.

The show, hosted by the Hispanic Student Association, consisted of performances representing all aspects of Hispanic culture including dance groups like Sabor Latino and Hands Down, spoken-word acts and various musical performances in Spanish and English.

The first-place winner for the freestyle was Janapelle and the Half Steps, the first-place winner for the vocal was Janioris Diaz, and the first-place winner for dance was Sabor Latino.

Nicole La Hoz, assistant director for the talent show, said that everyone involved has been working tirelessly to make the show a success.

She said the show’s budget was about $3,000, and there were around 350 students in attendance.

The Hispanic Student Association, along with other Hispanic organizations at UF and the Hispanic Student Association work together each year to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month.

Xavier Suarez, the Hispanic Student Association president, said that he hopes the event will showcase the talent from the local communities and demonstrate Hispanic culture so that others can gain an appreciation for it.

Angie Quintana, a UF sophomore criminology student, became a member of the Hispanic Heritage Month marketing team after seeing the excitement generated by last year’s Hispanic Heritage month events, particularly the talent show.

“Hispanic culture is just fun,” she said. “We like to show people what we’re all about.”

Alberto Rapaport, a senior finance major, came to the show after being invited by friends and seeing the advertisements for Hispanic Heritage Month events around campus.

He said that supporting the UF Hispanic community is important because minorities deserve the same opportunities as others.

“That’s what this accomplished,” he said. “I thought it was a great and highly entertaining show.”

Hispanic Heritage Month festivities will continue until Oct. 14.