The UF Band Hall of Fame is about to get brighter with the addition of two honorees.

The UF College of Fine Arts music department will celebrate the musical contributions of conductors Frank Wickes and Linda Moorhouse at the Hall of Fame Concert tonight at 7:30 p.m. in the University Auditorium.

According to Dr. David Waybright, director of bands at UF, the two musicians will each conduct one piece at the concert tonight.

The two musicians arrived in Gainesville on Tuesday and rehearsed once with the UF bands on Wednesday, according to Waybright.

Wickes, who just retired from his position as director of bands at Louisiana State University, said he was surprised when he received the notification phone call over the summer and was unaware that UF had created this award.

“This is a special deal for the students,” Wickes said. “They reap the benefit and learn more about the profession and about its history.”

Moorhouse, who received her bachelor of music education at UF, is currently a visiting associate professor of music at the University of Illinois, where she conducts the wind orchestra and teaches instrumental conducting classes.

Admission is free with a Gator 1 Card or $10 for nonstudents.