You said sayonara to summer months ago, but now that Mother Nature’s finally catching up, it’s time to officially part ways.

In other words: Lose the shorts.

But when it comes to fall fashion, don’t settle for sweatpants and jeans. Step up your style with one of these alternatives.

1. The Cargo Pant

I’m not talking about your little brother’s cargos from Old Navy. This fall’s trend is the skinny cargo, a redesign of the classic big-pocket style featuring a slimmer, sleeker frame. With a loose-fitting, neutral-colored tee, this look is as simple as jeans and a Gators shirt — without actually being jeans and a Gators shirt.

2. The Tailored Pant

Back to business: Tailored trousers aren’t just for the office. Always a popular look on the runway, there is nothing more empowering in fashion than menswear for women, so take this style to the street paired with your favorite oxfords and a lace top for a feminine touch.

3. Tights

Not ready to retire your favorite skirts and summer dresses to the back of your closet? You can have the best of both seasons with a pair of tights. The best part: Tights come in a bunch of different colors and styles, so you can play up your look with a bold pattern, or opt for a classic, solid look.

4. Leggings

Not just for the gym, leggings are a way to cover up your legs without covering up your curves. Topped with a tunic or an oversized knit sweater, leggings are perfect for both comfort and style. Just be wary of the ultimate fashion faux pas: Leggings are not pants, so make sure your top covers your assets, if you catch my drift.

5. Thigh-High Socks

Think Britney Spears in her “…Baby One More Time” music video, minus the revealing schoolgirl outfit.

Pair your above-the-knee socks with boots for the ultimate fashion statement and warmth.