Justin Bieber in 'Never Say Never'

Some films are years in the making. A Justin Bieber 3-D biopic takes about six months.

Paramount Pictures announced back in August that it had made a deal to turn Justin Bieber's life story into a 3-D feature biopic. Seriously, how much story is there to tell when it comes to just a 16-year-old pop sensation?

The studio also announced that Jon Chu ("Step Up 2: The Streets" and "Step Up 3D") will direct the film, titled "Never Say Never," for a Valentine's Day weekend, Feb, 11, 2011 release.

Bieber, then 13-years-old, became a star after his performances on YouTube were seen by Scooter Braun, after which he was introduced to R&B star Usher. Usher and Braun then established a joint venture to release Bieber's work with the young singer's first album back in November 2009.

It's been less than three months since the film's announcement and we already have a trailer. If you're interested, then watch below.

My opinion on all this? It is pop culture whoring at its finest.

In my youth, the big singers of the day were bands like 'N Sync or teen idols like Britney Spears. The music was actually decent at times. Way better than anything that tweens like today.

Yet Bieber does have fans at this college. Whenever Bieber comes up in a group conversation, at least one or two women feel they need to say how much they love him and wish he was 18 so they could do things to him.

I could go on and on about how wrong that is or how Bieber's voice sounds like rocks crashing together — or even how Bieber is not the only tween icon to be whored out into a feature film. I don't recall any feature-length movie in theaters about any number of teenage sensations of the late 90s or early 2000s, but last year we already had a 3-D Jonas Brothers movie and a 3-D Hannah Montana movie.

So when it comes to the future and my tween daughter wants to see one of these films — there's only one thing to say. Never!