The only thing more important than what you did on New Year’s Eve is what you’re going to do in the new year. Sure, it’s just a date. But a new year means a fresh start: new friends, new experiences, and, most importantly, new resolutions. Though they may be clichéd and are more often broken than kept, there are a few worth trying. Lucky for you, we’ve sifted through the duds and picked out the best. Check out our picks for top new year’s resolutions.

The Best

1. Sitting closer to the front in lecture.

Let’s be honest. Playing with that new smart phone won’t help you pass.

2.Being nicer.

Take pity on those poor souls passing out fliers on Turlington Plaza and take that stupid piece of paper – even if you plan to trash it afterward.

3. Getting in shape.

Believe it or not, your tuition covers the cost of the Southwest Rec. Center – including those pesky hand scanners. Get fit, and get your money’s worth.

4. Eating healthier.

Maximize what you do in the gym by eating better. There’s nothing wrong with having a french fry or two here or there. But eating leaner, unprocessed foods will give you both a clearer head and a slimmer waistline.

5. Choosing public transportation.

It’s no mystery that parking on campus is a nightmare. If avoiding more parking tickets isn’t reason enough, at least do it for the environment.

The Worst

1. Drinking less.

Following this one is always tough to do at one of the nation’s top party schools, which is why this resolution is better saved for after graduation.

2. Watching less TV

It’s on when you study and before you go to bed. Turning your back on that glowing, faithful companion? Unthinkable.

3. Not hooking up with that cute new T.A.

Be honest with yourself: You’re not going to stop.

4. Watching more online lectures.

And not take advantage of the tutoring service offered by the god of all UF grads? Oh, Tutoring Zone, where would our GPAs be without you?

5. Getting off Facebook.

It’s too time-consuming, my grades are falling… we’ve heard all the excuses. But there’s just no beating that addiction. Follow us at @GatorAve on Twitter if you’re really craving a social network change.