With this weekend’s festivities en route, let’s ask the question on everybody’s mind: When’s the Monday after the Super Bowl going to become a national holiday?

Seriously. Every Super Bowl is full of spectators getting drunk and eating while watching the big game. Yours truly is no exception.

Sunday’s Super Bowl, featuring the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers, figures to be a bit more stylish. Both franchises are renowned for their enthusiastic and devoted fan bases, who travel and cheer no matter how the teams are doing.

With the stage set in Arlington, Texas, Super Bowl XLV will be well represented in all tints of black, green and yellow. 

Assuming you’ll be in Gainesville and regretfully going to class the next day, here are some ways to make sure you end the NFL season on top.

Hit up midtown or downtown

With the four-hour-plus event set for kickoff at 6:30 p.m., the bars will be closing just as the clock runs out. A suggestion is Mother’s Pub &  Grill, 1017 W. University Ave., which has a sports-friendly environment and plenty of TVs, including a projector and a large screen in the back room.

Bring out the chips, dip and cheese … lots of cheese

If you’re throwing the viewing party instead of watching it, be sure to have plenty to eat and drink. Packers fans, affectionately known as “cheeseheads” because of Wisconsin cheese, should be treated to what they love. As for Steelers fans, if you can’t grab a case of Steel City beer, brewed only in Pittsburgh, try to splurge on something better than a case of “Natty.”

Don’t skimp on the screen

House-party throwers, I realize we’re in tough times. But do try to have something visually pleasing for the game. You can’t fully appreciate Pittsburgh safety Troy Polamalu’s bone-crushing hits or Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers’ pinpoint passes on a dinky 13-inch set.

If there’s ever an appropriate time to rent a quality TV, now’s it. And to do those hilarious, million-dollar commercials justice, go 30-plus inches on the screen if you can.

Keep your mouth in the gutter

Whoever you root for and wherever you’re watching, make sure the trash talking is obnoxious, if not profane. Cherish it. Pro football goes dormant for the foreseeable future after Sunday. And try to appreciate the irony of Steelers fans waving their notorious “Terrible Towels,” manufactured in, of course, Wisconsin.