Male leads cast in 'The Hunger Games' movie

In a recent press release, Lionsgate revealed that Josh Hutcherson will be playing Peeta Mellark, while Liam Hemsworth has snagged the role of Gale Hawthorne. 

Hutcherson and Hemsworth will join Jennifer Lawrence in “The Hunger Games,” which is based off the first chapter in Suzanne Collin’s popular young adult series.

Directed by Gary Ross, “The Hunger Games” chronicles a dystopic Capitol that requires its twelve subjugated districts to pay tribute in the form of a teenage boy and girl, who are forced to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight-to-the-death, live televised event. 

From what I have read about the characters, Peeta accompanies Katniss into the Hunger Games and is in love with her while Gale is in a relationship with her outside the games and watches from the sidelines. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

I am an avid fan of Hutcherson from his films “Little Manhattan,” “Bridge to Terabithia” and “Zathura.” He has mad others that were decent and was a frontrunner for the role of Spider-Man in the reboot (but Andrew Garfield got that role). Liam Hemsworth is Chris Hemsworth's little brother (the big dude playing Thor), and the only movie I know him from is “The Last Song.” And no – I did not see that Miley Cyrus movie, I have only heard of it and seen the trailer.

Fans of “The Hunger Games,” are you happy with the casting of the film adaptation so far?

Production on the film will get underway this summer for a March 23, 2012 release. Here’s my question:  Will this movie be in 3-D? Probably.