Call it the end result of advertising bombing raids, product placements, logos, mottos, catchlines or an unholy alliance of all these things, but we as Americans have a never-ending hard-on for labeling things. Especially things that have no business being labeled. It doesn't matter if it's Coca-Cola or Grandpa's coke, we can find a way to slap a tag, banner or any overarching gimmick on anything to generate a quick buck or a web hit.

Unfortunately, the same goes with human tragedy, as evidenced by the horror that has recently unfolded with the shootings in Norway.

Make no mistake, this story deserves the public's attention. The sheer carnage inflicted upon a large amount of innocent life under pretenses that can be safely described as utterly deranged offers a sad juxtaposition that is impossible to avoid.

It may take us some time to get a full, honest look at just who Anders Behring Brevik is and what truly makes him tick, many are already hoisting him up as the poster child of what happens when you mix militant right-wing ideology with Christian fundamentalism.

Just because Beck, Hannity and Limbaugh have "earned" their paychecks twisting national and international stories to fit their political agenda does not mean it is OK for us to do it with this story. Brevik's alleged affiliations, though highly relevant, should not be used simply as political cannon fire to batter Christians, right-leaning individuals or those of Nordic heritage.

Instead, "monster" will surfeit.