"The only thing dumber than a Republican or Democrat is when these pricks work together," Lewis Black once rambled in one of his acerbic comedic whippings of American society. He said, "We have a two-party system: The Democratic Party, which is a party of no ideas, and the Republican Party, which is a party of bad ideas. And the way it works is the Republican stands up in Congress and goes, ‘I GOT A REALLY BAD IDEA!' and the Democrat says, ‘AND I CAN MAKE IT SHITTIER!'"

If there was ever a time this rambling held true, it has been during this Category 5 shitstorm of a situation involving the the nation's debt limit. Barring some unforeseen roadblock in today's Senate proceedings, Congress will officially approve the debt ceiling compromise that has infuriated both hippie liberals and Teahadists.

Some will say time will tell who really won the debt debate of 2011.

We think it's pretty clear who came out on top - nobody. Both parties ended up looking like opportunistic carnivores who were more focused on pimping out the American public's well-being to the easiest political convenience available than actually solving this issue. If they really wanted to, they could have sat down and hammered this out weeks, if not months, ago without all the flair and dramatics. Instead, they felt that a scoreboard with seconds ticking would help them jockey political momentum in their favor.

Now, they just need to hit the showers.