By this point in the semester, there is an inevitable pile of books to read, exams to study for and lectures to watch.

Juggling a social and school life is daunting. Battling the constantly increasing workload takes more than just finishing a paper or hitting the gym; there is also a mind/body component that must be mastered.

Here are some quick tips to help you control your stress levels.

Take a Long Bath

Bubble baths may seem a little indulgent or even impossible to do in a dorm setting, but just taking a little longer in the water and cranking up the heat can have calming effects.

Create a peaceful atmosphere using candles and dim lighting.

Set the mood right. Put on serene music such as sounds of the ocean or rain.

Use aromatherapy. Include scents, such as vanilla or pine, that relax you or remind you of happy thoughts.

Envision Yourself Somewhere Else

One way to calm down is to close your eyes and envision yourself in a different setting.

For some people, a calm beach or mountains and waterfalls panoramic can be comforting.

Think of a place that makes you happy.

Envision yourself after the stressful event has passed and how relieved you will feel.

Take a Break

This may seem self-explanatory, but sometimes we get so caught up in an act we're doing, we start internally spiraling downward until our minds are in a chaotic state.

Get up to stretch. Move your hands, ankles, fingers and toes.

Eat a quick snack. Fruits provide antioxidants and won't give you a "carb crash."

Take a 15-minute nap. Closing your eyes and resting your mind for a couple of minutes will give you energy to power through more work.