Bear Creek Music and Art Festival offers five days of fun, silent disco, costume parties

The Bear Creek Music and Art Festival, now in its fifth year, is centered on having a great time. Founded by Paul Levine, the event's promoter, the event bares no "targeted audience."

"Bear Creek is for everyone that loves great music," Levine said.

In order to give as many bands as possible a chance to shine, the five-day event at the Spirit of the Suwanee Music Park has six stages. The park itself is a fan-favorite venue for its live music and camping. This year's festival features Trey Anastasio making his only Florida appearance this year as a headliner.

"We strive to have the best live bands. Trey's had an incredible career and has one of the funkiest bands out there," Levine said.

Trey Anastasio is joined by heavyweights Medeski Scofield Martin & Wood, The Funky Meters, Galactic and more than 50 other artists spread over those six stages. Their sound varies but is mostly dominated by funk, rock, strings, jam and beats music.

The nightly concerts are coupled with DJs, electronics and a new fad - "silent disco." For the late-night, polite partier, silent disco is a new fad where participants receive headphones and jam out "silently" to disco music so as not to disturb those sleeping in the surrounding campgrounds.

All of this paired with costume parties, late-night music, official pre-parties and tons of other activities makes Bear Creek the place to be Nov. 10 through 13.

The Spirit of the Suwanee Music Park is located at 3076 95th Drive in Live Oak, Fla. Three-day-weekend passes start at $135 and day passes start at $80. Both are available for purchase on the festival's website, bearcreekmusicfestival.com.