Tuesday's Student Senate meeting recognized the work of Glenda Frederick, the Senate Program Assistant who is retiring after about 20 years with Student Government.

"It's a sad day for us, but a happy day for Glenda," said former Student Body President Ben Meyers.

The meeting room in the Reitz Union was filled with current senators and several former SG Student Body presidents and Senate presidents there to say goodbye.

"SG will suffer with [her] absence," said former Student Senate President and 2001-2002 Student Body President Marc Adler.

Audrey Goldman, former Senate president in 2009, said she will always remember Frederick's rule to "be nice to everyone."

Senate President Andrew Mason thanked Frederick for being a resource, a role model and a friend for more than 25 years.

"I will think about you. I will miss you. I may even come back and visit you," Frederick said. "But I promise I will never forget a minute of it."

During the meeting, the Senate also unanimously passed a clause that was mistakenly taken out during the summer, said Sen. Christina Bonarrigo after the meeting.

The clause states that during fall and summer terms, three unexcused or four combined unexcused and excused absences from the Senate will constitute resignation. The clause will be reinstated if it passes final approval at the next meeting.

An increase to the number of UF Supreme Court justices was unanimously given final approval.

This amendment increases the number of justices in the Supreme Court from four to six, excluding the Chief Justice. Now five members are needed to make a decision, and four of the members need to agree in order to make a decision.

Sen. Monya Sharp gives Senate Program Assistant Glenda Frederick a farewell hug at Tuesday's Student Senate meeting.