Editor's Note: Joel will be mostly answering questions, and he will perform a few songs.

Tickets to see Billy Joel are available today.

Joel will answer questions and perform March 1 at 8 p.m. at the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts.

Tickets for the event, which are free to UF students with a Gator 1 Card, will be distributed at the University Box Office today from noon to 5 p.m. University Box Office rules prohibit students from lining up before 7 a.m.

About 1,800 tickets will be available. One ticket is permitted per student ID, and no more than four IDs can be presented at a time.

"You are never in your life going to be able to see Billy Joel for free, and this is a great experience and hopefully a memory you will have forever," said Corey Portnoy, Accent chairman. "He is a legend."

Portnoy said Accent Speaker's Bureau is paying Joel $25,000 for the event.

If tickets are still available, they will be distributed Thursday starting at noon for students and at 6 p.m. for the public.

Doors open at 7 p.m. Each ticket reserves a seat until 7:45 p.m.

Student Government Productions chairman Jeffrey Schnier said the Phillips Center was chosen per Joel's request.

Student Government Productions is co-sponsoring the event.