Seniors have last chance to be ‘Hotdoggers' for Oscar Mayer

<p>Oscar Mayer Hotdoggers Brian Keefe, aka Beefy Brian, and Traci Johnson, aka Tailgatin' Traci, Gator chomp in front of the Weinermobile.</p>

Oscar Mayer Hotdoggers Brian Keefe, aka Beefy Brian, and Traci Johnson, aka Tailgatin' Traci, Gator chomp in front of the Weinermobile.

UF seniors will have one more opportunity this year to become Oscar Mayer "Hotdoggers" and travel the country in a 27-foot-long hot dog.

Two Oscar Mayer brand ambassadors, or Hotdoggers, will host an information session at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday in the Career Resource Center conference room.

The location may change. If it does, fliers naming the new location will be posted in the Career Resource Center.

All majors are welcome, but only seniors may apply for the position.

Hotdoggers represent Oscar Mayer by traveling through the U.S. 365 days a year hosting festivals, parades and charity events.

The application deadline for the electronic application was Feb. 1, but UF seniors who missed it can submit their applications and schedule an interview for Friday, said Hotdogger Traci Johnson, aka Tailgatin' Traci.

Johnson said students submitting applications should bring a resume and cover letter.

Students who only want to find out more about the job are also welcome to attend the session.

"The reason we're on this campus is because we know that this is an awesome college," Johnson said. "We have had many Hotdoggers in the past who have gone to University of Florida, so we know that there are great candidates on campus, and we're hoping that they will come out and apply."

Competition to become a Hotdogger is steep.

Only 12 candidates across the country are selected each year.

Johnson, a recent graduate from the University of Wisconsin, said the experience she is gaining from being a Hotdogger is invaluable.

"It has opened up a lot of doors for me in the job market already," she said. "Even though I graduated with a degree in journalism, I am now completely media-trained."

Hotdogger "Beefy" Brian Keefe said students should bring personality and big smiles if they are looking to land an interview. It doesn't matter what major you are, he said, as long as you have a bubbly personality and enjoy interacting with people.

"This is huge for your resume," Keefe said. "You're looking at a chance to drive around in one of the world's most iconic vehicles."