<p>Student Government members test the secure-voting system in a mock election in the Reitz Union printing lab Tuesday night.</p>

Student Government members test the secure-voting system in a mock election in the Reitz Union printing lab Tuesday night.

UF Student Senate members cast votes Tuesday night for the upcoming Student Government elections, but they elected members of the Doctor's Party and the Hogwarts Party.

The senators tested the secure-location online voting system.

They voted on members of the fictional parties the same way students will vote for Students Party and Unite Party candidates during the election days.

On Feb. 21 and 22, students will cast their ballots and look them over.

They will be allowed to make edits before submission.

In the Fall 2011 elections, many students were classified under the wrong location-based districts for their college addresses.

The new ballot will give students three opportunities to complete an affidavit if their classification is listed incorrectly.

"I was pleased with the changes," said Senate President Andy Mason after the meeting.

The election codes require that the Supervisor of Elections ensure all ballot-counting equipment is tested the week prior to elections.

After the senators cast their ballots, the results were printed and presented to the Senate.

"Given the changes the [election code revision] committee made, things went smoothly tonight," Mason said after the meeting.

The Senate also passed a resolution against hazing in light of the recent UF fraternity hazing investigation.

SG Elections