A Gainesville man was arrested Tuesday afternoon and charged with using a credit card he found in a parking lot.

Mark Anthony J. Radford, 22, found a credit card on March 16 belonging to Arleen M. Mazzella, according to Gainesville Police.

Radford then charged more than $640 to the card from March 16 to 17, police said.

He was charged with grand theft and uttering a forged instrument, which is when a person signs another person’s name unlawfully.

He declined to comment when contacted by the Alligator.

At about 10 p.m. on March 16, Radford used the card at a Sunrise Food Mart for about $30 worth of gas.

He then used the card to buy a computer from a Walmart Supercenter for about $315, according to an arrest report.

At about noon the next day, he bought a car battery for about $150 at CARQUEST Auto Parts.

He then went to Midas for a brake repair job for about $150.

Radford signed Mazzella’s name on all four purchases, police said.

Mazzella said it should not have been that easy for Radford to use her credit card without showing identification.

“There isn’t any monitoring,” she said. “They should say, ‘Let me see your ID’ with the card.”

Contact Samantha Shavell at sshavell@alligator.org.