UF students can go “Around the World in 30 Days” with International Month, which ends in April.

Volunteers for International Student Affairs, or VISA, is hosting the annual event that began this week. The student organization showcases different cultures. This year’s theme is “Around the World in 30 Days.”

Events will include a fashion show, a benefit ball and a Saturday pageant show.

According to VISA President and English junior Alexandra Bargoot, 21, about 100 people attended Monday’s opening ceremonies.

This year’s budget for International Month is about $52,000, she said.

Satvika Ponnavolu, International Month director and president of the Indian Student Association, said the March 24 benefit ball is the only event that participants are charged to attend. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door.

The 21-year-old biology senior said the money will benefit Save the Children and Gainesville-based Food4Kids Backpack Program.

Bargoot said this is the 50th anniversary of the VISA talent show, which closes International Month on April 7.

She said she expects about 3,500 people to attend.