UPDATED: Gainesville man charged with shattering car window, breaking in to ex’s house

UPDATE (November 2013): The charges against Christopher White were dropped.

During an argument with his ex-girlfriend, a Gainesville man shattered the woman’s car window, police said. Hours later, he tried to break into her house.

Gainesville Police arrested Christopher C. White, 29, of 2006 NW 55th Ave., Monday on charges of criminal mischief, burglary and stalking. He did not return a message from the Alligator seeking comment.

Candice N. Moberly, 30, broke up with White on Saturday, ending a relationship that lasted more than a year. When Moberly left her house Saturday night, White was waiting for her, according to an arrest report.

Moberly drove to the Miller Ale House, located at 3950 SW Archer Road. White followed. After parking, Moberly stayed in her car with the door locked, but White pulled one of the car’s door handles until it broke.

Moberly lowered her window slightly so the two could talk. White wanted the window lowered more, so he tried to push it down. Instead, he shattered it, according to police.

When Moberly threatened to call police, White drove away in his Jeep Liberty. Det. Bruce Ferris called White, but he would not answer. Ferris showed up at White’s house, but he wasn’t home.

From 2 a.m. to 4 a.m. Sunday, White called Moberly 27 times. When she didn’t answer his calls, White went to her house, located at 2701 NW 23rd Blvd. He tried to sneak in through her bedroom window, but Moberly saw him. He then ran to her back door, according to police.

White demanded Moberly talk to him. Moberly cracked open her back door, and White pushed his way in. Moberly told police White believed another man was staying with her. He searched the entire house, looking for a fight. Eventually, Moberly pushed White out the door, GPD Sgt. Joe Raulerson said. She then called 911.

Members of the GPD Domestic Violence Unit drove to White’s house Monday afternoon and arrested him when he arrived at about 4:30 p.m.

White was charged with two counts of battery in November, according to police, but entered into an agreement with the State Attorney’s Office in reference to those charges pardoning him as long as he fulfilled certain requirements. Monday’s arrest violates White’s part of that agreement.

Contact Tyler Jett at tjett@alligator.org.