Student Senate approved summer replacement senators and all executive cabinet appointments at Tuesday’s Student Senate meeting.

Replacement senators fill in for those who aren’t at UF for summer sessions. Senators approved eight agency chairs, four executive directors, 12 executive secretaries, three cabinet division chairs and 18 cabinet directors.

Student Body President Tj Villamil said everyone who was appointed was qualified for the job.

“I think everyone who got appointed knows what’s at stake,” he said.

The Supervisor of Elections was the only position left vacant. Villamil said he wants to wait to fill the spot in the hopes that more people will apply. Two people applied for the position.

Villamil said the appointment will be made by June 18.

According to statutes, the Supervisor of Elections must have served as an Assistant Supervisor of Elections or an Elections Commissioner for at least one election cycle.

Due to their new executive appointments, Sen. Nha-Uyen Hua and Sen. Trevor Abbott will be resigning as senators.

In a phone interview, Abbott, who was the majority party leader, said Sen. Daniel Landesberg will replace him, which includes a seat in the Senate’s Replacement and Agenda Committee.

Contact Samantha Shavell at sshavell@alligator.org.