Student Senate President Aundre Price will no longer be presiding over the weekly Senate meetings.

Senate President Pro Tempore Logan Harrison announced Price’s resignation via email Monday.

The Senate will elect its new president at an emergency meeting at 5 p.m. Thursday in Room 355B at the Levin College of Law.

Harrison will serve as acting president until a new one is chosen.

In a phone interview, Harrison said he was notified by administration about Price’s resignation.

Price did not comment on why he resigned but said he was grateful for the experience.

“It was an amazing opportunity,” he said.

Price’s term was set to expire in September, according to the Student Government website. He had been Senate president since March.

During his term, he enacted a Senate speaker series inviting university and community leaders to discuss diversity at UF. Price also formed committees on anti-hate and sustainability.

Prior to his term as Senate president, Price was the judiciary committee chairman.

“I want to personally thank Aundre for his dedication and service to our university,” Harrison wrote in the email. “On behalf of myself and everyone in Student Government, I wish Aundre the best in all of his future endeavors.”

Contact Samantha Shavell at sshavell@alligator.org.