Childish Gambino is gifted in another field, but students can watch him play the part of just a rapper on Flavet Field for free with Hoodie Allen later this month.

Donald Glover, a comedy actor and writer who raps under the name “Childish Gambino,” and Steven Markowitz, aka rapper “Hoodie Allen,” will perform at 7 p.m. Sept. 28 on Flavet Field.

No backpacks, coolers, pets or videocameras will be allowed.

Student Government Productions is bringing the two to campus. Vice chairwoman of public relations Evan Galin would not disclose how much SGP is paying the artists.

“They are both young and in the process of becoming really big names, and they really appreciate their fans, a lot of which are college students, and it is great to see them perform live,” said Galin, a 20-year-old public relations junior.

She said the concert will be open to the public.

SGP expects about 4,000 people to attend the concert, which will happen even if it rains, she said.

“The fact that UF has a student government that offers free shows to them is something they should take advantage of,” she said.

She said the show will have a laid-back atmosphere.

“We want to promote them, promote Student Government and the Student Body in general,” she said. “As performers, with their lively attitudes, even if you don’t know the words, you are still going to have a good time.”

Contact Benjamin S. Brasch at bbrasch@alligator.org.