Screamin’ Eagle just wanted to get Tim Tebow on the phone when he broke into a church.

In 2010, Alan Nanney was arrested for breaking into the First Baptist Church of Jacksonville, where, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, he was found barefoot and shirtless.

He was wearing a piece of purple cloth as a cape and had hymnals stuffed into his pants.

He spent three months in the Duval County Jail and six months at the North Florida Evaluation and Treatment Center for the criminally insane in Gainesville.

He started to spread his message only eight days after he moved to Gainesville.

On Sept. 13, he distributed 1,000 copies of a booklet titled, “What the Universe Told Me,” on UF students’ doorsteps.

Screamin’ Eagle, 25, born Christopher Nanney, distributed the booklet “What the Universe Told Me,” to gain the students’ attentions. He belongs to an organization called Children of Light, who wants to recruit UF alumnus Tim Tebow for its cause.

According to its website, Children of Light is an institute that promotes and educates individuals about self-mastery and the personal and planetary ascension they believe the world is now experiencing.

Nanney said he believes Tim Tebow would be the perfect man to represent Children of Light’s cause.

When asked about his interest in Tebow, Nanney responded, “I truly believe he possesses the heart and social status to help speak for the Children of Light and to defend them against any force — both foreign and domestic — that is not in line with the measures that must be taken for the human race to survive.”

The group hopes to reveal a path of personal healing to awaken the consciousness of souls.

Students, however, are a bit skeptical of the matter.

Paul Cirino, a 19-year-old UF telecommunication junior, said the group wants Tebow as its spokesman only because of his status.

“The other possibility is they actually believe that Tim Tebow is called to their group like they are,” he said.

Children of Light began in 1990, when founder Ron Baker met Robert Baker.

Robert Baker is trance channel for the Archangel Gabriel, according the to group’s website.

The site states Gabriel communicates through Robert Baker on a weekly basis, through whom he gives informative lectures and does a Q&A segment.

“When my message gets to him, he will find himself at a crossroads that will test his faith in an Earth-shaking way. He may find every belief he’s ever held and everyone he’s ever loved standing on one side of the road and just me on the other. But I speak for the Father. My word is the eternal flame. It shall be on Earth as it is in Heaven,” Nanney later said about Tebow.

Tebow and his management agency, William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, could not be reached for comment.