About a month after a gameday home-leasing website came to Gainesville, the business has started signing up homeowners.

University Football Rentals launched its Gainesville-based website to helps users find houses to rent during gameday weekends, said Mike Doyle, chief operating officer. Gainesville residents can post their houses on www.gainesvillefootballrentals.com and wait for renters to contact them.

The website has yet to rent any houses in Gainesville, but some homeowners have listed their residences in hopes for takers. Two houses are listed for the South Carolina game.

“It’s a little slow right now,” Doyle said, “but we think things will really kick off by next season.”

Doyle said the website is an alternative way for out-of-towners to find a place to stay, rather than paying for hotels or bunking with friends.

“We were looking for a big, dedicated football fan base with people who are willing to travel to games,” Doyle said. “Gainesville seemed to be a good fit.”

The website started seven years ago and has expanded to about 15 other locations including the University of Notre Dame, which has had 350 rentals this season.

The website lists all the homes free of charge, only charging percentage-based service fee when someone actually rents the residence. Home owners also set their own rental rates.

Doyle said people have charged between $750 and $2,000 to stay Friday through Sunday.

Biology senior Catherine Busatto, 21, said she thinks the company could be useful in Gainesville.

“My parents have to book a hotel six months ahead of time for Homecoming weekend,” she said. “If there were no hotels, they would definitely try that website.”