Innovation Hub to host open house with startup, job information

The Florida Innovation Hub at UF, a business incubator that aims to help technology-based startups grow, will celebrate its one-year anniversary with an open house Friday.

The open house, which is from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at 747 SW Second Ave., will include presentations and demonstrations from about a dozen of the current startup companies, said Meghan Meyer, a marketing associate at Innovation Hub.

“It’s an opportunity for the community to come and see all the exciting things that are going on here,” Meyer said.

Participants can pre-register for the free event with the center, but it is not required, she said.

There will also be tours and information about available jobs and internships, Meyer said.

Innovation Hub has created 85 jobs and $7.2 million in private investments during the past year, UF announced last week.

One of the current Innovation Hub businesses, eMotion Technologies, currently has one intern now and will talk to students at the open house about new internships, CEO Julian Miller said. His company works to improve musical instruments.

“It’s an amazing place,” Miller said.