Reggae’s favorite wandering Jew is making his way back to Gainesville.

Matisyahu will play his new electronica-reggae songs at the Florida Theater Tuesday.

Doors to the 18-and-older concert will open at 8 p.m. Tuesday and the show will begin at 8:30 p.m.

Tickets are available in advance for $22 at High Tides and Hear Again Music, and online at www.ticketweb.com.

Matthew Paul Miller, who performs as Matisyahu, a reggae-rooted hip-hop artist, played a solo acoustic set in Gainesville last year and said he is excited to play here again.

This year, Matisyahu and his band are plugged in for a performance unlike his last.

“This is more of a dance party,” he said.

Different from his earlier reggae-rock music, Matisyahu, 33, adopted electronic sounds fused with sounds from traditional Middle Eastern instruments into his latest album, “Spark Seeker.”

“Every time I sit down to create music, it isn’t like a science,” Matisyahu said. “We do a lot of combination, even live shows.”

“Spark Seeker” was recorded in Tel Aviv, Israel, shaping the album’s sound and direction, he said.

“We wanted instrumentation that was original to that landscape, to that people,” he said. “We went there to get that sound.”

He said he misses Israel, where he felt connected to the spirit of the land.

“It’s a vibe,” he said.

The Avenue is giving away two tickets to the Matisyahu show! Follow us @AlligatorAvenue on Twitter for more info.