The first time the food trucks rolled to a stop and raised up their windows on the High Dive parking lot in January, they sold out of food in hours.

On March 16, Gainesville’s Food Truck Rally will return, and after careful planning, rally organizers and food vendors say they will be better prepared.

The next event will include more space for trucks and a 5 p.m. starting time for attendees, said Pat Lavery, an independent promoter for Glory Days Presents!

“We did a lot of brainstorming and noticed what could be improved,” Lavery said. “We’re trying for everyone to have more inventory, so they can serve longer and have the trucks better staffed and prepared to be able to move the lines faster.”

The rally will be again hosted by Glory Days Presents! and the Pelican Brothers Food Truck. To reduce wait times, Lavery said admission to the event and concerts will be free.

“We’re hoping people will come eat, enjoy the concert and then come out and eat again,” he said.

Jason Howey, the 37-year-old owner of the Grilled Cheese Wagon, participated in the January rally. He said he and the other vendors were surprised at the response from the community.

“I’ve never participated in anything like that before,” he said. “It’s an interesting dynamic.”

This time, however, Howey said he will be more prepared by bringing a bigger staff and additional equipment.

“We’ll definitely be bringing the second griddle this time,” he said. “That should ensure we can move more items from the griddle to the people and do it faster.”