Spring Break is here, which means beach, booze and babes. You’re probably ready to live it up and forget the troubles of the semester. But do you have anywhere to go?

It’s hard to come up with great getaway ideas at the last minute, especially when most places in the region feature similar activities. Instead of looking for new things to do, look for new places to see. Amazing memories can come from spontaneous trips to the unknown.

1. Road trip

Gather a group of friends who live along the same route, and take a road trip stopping at each of their hometowns. It’s a fun way to see how crazy friends alter their behaviors under parental supervision. Also, you get free housing and food for a couple of days and pay each other back as you go along. The only expense is gas. (A well-mannered guest also leaves a little something for hosts.)

2. Day trip to the Bahamas

A 24-hour excursion can be simpler and more economically sensible than a week’s vacation. Balearia Bahamas Express takes its guests round-trip from South Florida to Grand Bahama Island for $145. The travel time is 2 1/2 hours, but once you arrive, you can go horseback riding on the beach, shop, try local foods and drinks, and soak up the Caribbean sun.

3. Rent a house in Seaside, Fla.

This town is full of unique Hampton’s-style rental homes starting at $150 a night. It’s perfect for the chic, laid-back types. Take some yoga and fitness classes at The Studio, and chow down on some cuisine in one of the many beachside restaurants during the day. At night, sip some wine, light a bonfire and relax by the beach with a group of close friends.

4. Blow some money in Miami

Hit the beach, lounge poolside and socialize with drinks as the sun sets. Catch a performance by Travie McCoy March 1 and Naughty by Nature March 6 at LIV. Erick Morillo will be at Story March 8, and Sidney Samson will be at Mansion March 9th. All clubs charge between $30 and $60 for cover.

5. Stay close in St. Augustine

Get a sense of history by visiting antique sites like the oldest school, the oldest house, America’s first church, the Castillo de San Marco, and the Fountain of Youth. All of this can be done on foot, and most landmarks charge less than $10 admission. If history isn’t your thing, lie out by the residential beach, where it’s almost always deserted.