Swamp Head brewer featured in beer magazine’s 30 under 30

<p>Luke Kemper, 30, enjoys a cold beer while he explains the brewing process Friday afternoon at Swamp Head Brewery, 3140 SW 42nd Way.</p>

Luke Kemper, 30, enjoys a cold beer while he explains the brewing process Friday afternoon at Swamp Head Brewery, 3140 SW 42nd Way.

Recipes can change with additional ingredients or improvised measurements.

But for Luke Kemper, owner and brewer at Swamp Head Brewery, making beer is a delicate process with little room for errors.

Kemper’s work as a local brewer, however, has landed him a spot in the March 2013 issue of All About Beer Magazine, a national beer publication.

The magazine featured about 30 brewers younger than 30 years old from around the country.

Kemper, 30, bought his first brewing equipment in 2008. After about two years experimenting with converting home-brewed recipes, he sold his first batch of beer.

Since the issue hit stands earlier this month, Kemper said he has received a lot of feedback from friends, co-workers and family.

“The craft community, it’s growing,” he said, “and it’s a very supportive community.”

Brandon Nappy, marketing manager at Swamp Head, said he was excited to see Kemper and his work featured in the magazine.

“You don’t see a lot of younger people, especially under the age of 30, jumping into a business of this caliber and doing well at it,” Nappy said.

Of the 30 people featured, Kemper was the only brewer who was also an owner, Nappy said.

“The industry is taking off,” Kemper said. “People are excited about it. I was just excited to be a part of it.”