<p>Jaime Bell, an 18-year-old UF health science sophomore, registers for Rent the Runway at its Girls Night Out Wednesday.</p>

Jaime Bell, an 18-year-old UF health science sophomore, registers for Rent the Runway at its Girls Night Out Wednesday.

Jaime Bell’s purple painted nails flew across the MacBook keyboard as she registered her name and email with Rent the Runway at its Girls Night Out Wednesday.

The 18-year-old UF health science sophomore was eager to join the online site that offers member discounts on designer-label dress rentals, such as Nicole Miller, BCBG and Lilly Pulitzer.

The Girls Night Out at UF’s Delta Delta Delta house was organized by Rent the Runway at UF, a collegiate branch of the company currently in its third year.

Eleven college women decked out in Rent the Runway apparel, some in T-shirts with the slogan “no commitment, no regrets,” manned four laptops and an iPad, waiting to sign event attendees up for the site.

Bell was just one of several girls ready to “Have a one night stand with fashion” as one of the promotional signs declared from a glittering board nearby.

“It’s preferable to a store like Forever 21 because you get higher quality dresses for half their price, other than buying cheap ones that will fall apart after one day,” Bell said.

Taylor Frazier, a 19-year-old UF journalism sophomore and beauty how-to blogger for Rent the Runway, said the company specifically benefits college-age students on a budget.

“It’s so cool because most college students can’t afford designer dresses at full price, so you get to rent them.”

Slavania Stefanova, a 21-year-old UF psychology and political science sophomore and public relations representative for Rent the Runway, said the brand is her go-to store for all things formal.

She recently rented a black lace Nicole Miller dress for her 21st birthday. Not only was it spot on with spring’s trending lace style, but being able to rent — not buy — the dress, made it attainable for Stefanova.

“It’s not like I don’t buy dresses anymore, but for a special occasion, it’s a really nice thing,” she said. “And there’s no way in hell I’m going to buy a $400 dress.”

Stefanova said wearing a high-end dress she would not normally purchase made the evening that much more special.

“It’s like a Cinderella moment,” she said.