In about a week, the streets of Midtown and downtown will be packed with people ready to party.

The 31st annual Gator Stompin’ hosted by the Pledge 5 Foundation will from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. May 2.

“It used to be just a pub crawl, but it’s a lot more than that now,” said Jason Bowman, the foundation’s director. He said about 100 restaurants, bars and nightclubs will participate this year to accommodate the estimated 10,000 attendees.

Everyone who registers for the event will receive a T-shirt and 10 tokens that can be used to purchase drinks and food, Bowman said. Registration is $50.

Gator Stompin’ supports various local charities, but the majority of the money will go to the Pledge 5 Foundation.

“We’re growing almost quicker than we can keep up with, but as long as people keep coming to our events and giving back to the community, I think we’re headed in the right direction,” Bowman said.

He said there will be a safe-ride program and shuttle system running that night.

Tony Riggio, a 20-year-old UF entomology and nematology junior, said he had always been under the impression that participants had to be at least 21 years old.

“Now that I know that there are a lot of things for me to do that don’t entail drinking, I definitely plan on going,” he said.