Filing tax returns just got easier for UF students with a free, online tax service launched this tax season for anyone who makes less than $57,000 annually.

The link, myfreetaxes.com/uwncfl, provides access to H&R Block tax preparation software, said Jennifer Stojkovic, the volunteer income tax assistance (VITA) coordinator for the United Way of North Central Florida.

“It’s basically the exact same thing you pay for at Best Buy for $49.99 but provided for free if you go through our link,” she said.

VITA site coordinator at the Levin College of Law Josh Giancarlo said the online site is available until April 15.

The VITA program also offers free live tax preparation available until April 11. It is for people who make $51,000 or less annually.

Stojkovic said people who have complicated tax returns, such as international students, may prefer live tax preparation.

Sophia Durand, a 40-year-old Hispanic linguistics graduate student from France, has used VITA to file her tax returns for three years at its only on-campus site at the Levin College of Law.

“We’re just not sure of the terminology to do this at home on our own,” she said.

Giancarlo said students save money using VITA’s live services.

“The students who work at Chick-fil-A or at the Reitz don’t make that much money,” he said. “They don’t need to go pay someone $150 or $200 to get a return done. That’s almost half a week’s work.”