‘The Buried Life’ stars speak to crowd of about 350 people

<p>MTV’s “The Buried Life” stars Jonnie Penn and Dave Lingwood, presented by RUB Entertainment and Hello Perfect, speak to students at the Reitz Union Rion Ballroom on Wednesday night.</p>

MTV’s “The Buried Life” stars Jonnie Penn and Dave Lingwood, presented by RUB Entertainment and Hello Perfect, speak to students at the Reitz Union Rion Ballroom on Wednesday night.

Jonnie Penn and Dave Lingwood shared their experiences and advice to motivate students Wednesday night.

The two stars from the MTV series “The Buried Life” spoke to about 350 students at the Rion Ballroom in the Reitz Union. Reitz Union Board Entertainment, which sponsored the event with Hello Perfect, paid Penn and Lingwood $15,000 to speak.

“We want to help other people do what we’ve done,” Penn said before the event.

He said one of the hardest goals they want to achieve is No. 100 on their bucket list: go to outer space.

The two other stars of the show, Ben Nemtin and Duncan Penn, were not at the event. Together, the four have crossed off their bucket list goals such as breaking into the Playboy Mansion and opening the 6 o’clock news.

“It’s all about enjoying the ride and getting the goals done, obviously as quickly as possible,” Lingwood said before the event.

Angela Ribbler, a 21-year-old UF public relations senior and Hello Perfect vice president, said she hopes students will be inspired to re-evaluate what is important to them.

Hannah Atkinson, a 19-year-old UF environmental science sophomore, said she watched the show when she was younger.

“Having watched them in high school, [students] might have been inspired to do something on their bucket list because of what these kids have done and shown is possible,” she said.