From Romney to Occupy, what season 2 of "The Newsroom" will cover

Still two months out, we anxiously await the return of "The Newsroom" with our favorite anchorman, Will McAvoy. Armed with hindsight, we will be seeing an impressive array of news stories and hopefully a bunch of relationship issues among our favorite people.

2012 was a year full of newsworthy scandal and turmoil. Aaron Sorkin, the creator and a main writer of the show, stated in an interview that he will be covering “The Tea Party/American Taliban, the General Election including the primaries and conventions, Trayvon Martin, the Affordable Care Act, and drones.” Neil will be covering the Occupy movement and Jim is running off to cover the Romney campaign.

We hope to see the Weiner debacle and Newtown, but it may be too much to fit into one season. The litigators will be back building a case for wrongful termination. But wrongful termination of who? Is this Charlie’s doing? Big things are brewing at the fictional news station "ACN" with Will and Mac in the crosshairs. Lets hope News Night remains on the air long enough to find out.

As far as our favorite characters, we need more Sloan! We left her in the middle of being socially incapable of being and in love with Don. As for Maggie, she’s a train wreck. Will she be able to handle Don versus Jim? Sorkin said, “Maggie, episode by episode, is going to lose everything.” What she did to deserve that? Who knows.

"The Newsroom" returns on July 14 on HBO. The show airs on Sundays at 10 p.m.